PostgreSQL security

From: Peter Blazso <blazso(at)deltav(dot)hu>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL security
Date: 1999-04-26 16:31:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I'd like to know how secure PostgreSQL is. (its user authentication
methods, its permissions and rules) Is it easily breakable/hackable or
not? (I suppose it greatly depends on any other things as well. [e.g.
the underlying operating system...]) I want to use it under Linux for a
great database with hundreds of users.

If anyone knows any facts, please share them with me. I'd be very
grateful.

Thanks so much, in advance,
Peter Blazso