Re: [Scale-planning] PostgreSQL LA PUG

From: noelp(at)calpacs(dot)org
To: "Richard Broersma Jr(dot)" <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "Los Angeles PostgreSQL Users Group" <lapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Scale-planning] PostgreSQL LA PUG
Date: 2008-02-05 03:14:56
Lists: lapug
> Well,  it sounds like we are all set!  Are the preparations going well
> for the slide show?

Too well ;-) I've been reading up on temporal databases and I'm shocked at
how deep the subject goes. I was skimming through a book that I
inter-library loaned, "Temporal Databases: Theory, Design, and
Implementation" Tansel, Snodgrass et al. Mind blowing, the number of ideas
around implementing and dealing with time oriented databases.

I'll be ready for my presentation. It will be brief introduction of the
basics temporal databases (intervals, valid time, transaction time) with
implementation examples that build each other in PG. I'll end up with Jeff
Davis' contributed PG module for temporal datatypes.

Do we want to start thinking about a next meeting?

-Noel

lapug by date

Next:From: Richard Broersma Jr.Date: 2008-02-05 12:36:07
Previous:From: Richard Broersma Jr.Date: 2008-01-26 03:54:39