Re: [INTERFACES] Error in ECPG and #if...

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Pavel PaJaSoft Janousek <janousek(at)fonet(dot)cz>
Cc: PgSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Error in ECPG and #if...
Date: 1999-04-21 03:36:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> ECPG don't know C/C++ preprocessing directives such as #if, #ifdef
> etc...
>     I think, that this is wrong, that ECPG use as comment only /* and //
> comment. Construction such as #if 0 is very common way to disable some
> source and enable this later... - mainly in debugging proces, of cource.

... but this is not common for ESQL preprocessors. The problem is that
the preprocessor runs before the C/C++ preprocessor, which is the step
which actually handles the #if constructs. ecpg has no knowledge of
those constructs. Remember that to do those correctly one must also
resolve all other preprocessor kinds of things, like #include
directives.

                       - Tom

--
Thomas Lockhart				lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu
South Pasadena, California