Re: [INTERFACES] Compiling jdbc for Linux and Solaris

From: Kent Perrier <kent(dot)perrier(at)pgs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Compiling jdbc for Linux and Solaris
Date: 1999-04-20 14:38:18
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Peter Mount wrote:

> These are both in the FAQ. Try unsetting your CLASSPATH, then run make.

Many thanks. I attempted this and this failed as well with the error:
[postgres:/usr/local/src/postgresql-6.4.2/src/interfaces/jdbc]$ make
javac postgresql/CallableStatement.java
postgresql/CallableStatement.java:37: Can't subclass interfaces:
interface java.sql.PreparedStatement
public class CallableStatement extends PreparedStatement implements
java.sql.CallableStatement
^
Note: postgresql/CallableStatement.java uses or overrides a deprecated
API. Recompile with "-deprecation" for details.
1 error, 1 warning
make: *** [postgresql/CallableStatement.class] Error 1
[postgres:/usr/local/src/postgresql-6.4.2/src/interfaces/jdbc]$ echo
$CLASSPATH

[postgres:/usr/local/src/postgresql-6.4.2/src/interfaces/jdbc]$

> FAQ & Pre-compiled drivers are on my web site:
> http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/

The url listed in the readme file with my distribution lists a different
url. One that I cannot get to as it doesn't exist. Perhaps if the
readme was correct I would have found your FAQ and precompiled drives
before I asked the question here.

Kent
--
work hard, save aggressively, invest well and get the hell out