Compiling jdbc for Linux and Solaris

From: Kent Perrier <kent(dot)perrier(at)pgs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Compiling jdbc for Linux and Solaris
Date: 1999-04-20 13:55:18
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am attempting to compile the jdbc interface for postgresql 6.4.2 on
Solaris (using jsdk 2, aka jdk 1.2) or linux (using the blackdown
jdk1.2). I have postgresql installed on both machines. Here is a
representation of the errors I am getting for each platform:

Linux:
[postgres:/usr/local/src/postgresql-6.4.2/src/interfaces/jdbc]$ make
javac postgresql/CallableStatement.java
postgresql/CallableStatement.java:37: class postgresql.CallableStatement
must be declared abstract. It does not define void setClob(int,
java.sql.Clob) from interface java.sql.PreparedStatement.
public class CallableStatement extends PreparedStatement implements
java.sql.CallableStatement
^

Solaris 2.6:
[/export/home/postgres/jdbc]$ make
javac postgresql/CallableStatement.java
postgresql/CallableStatement.java:37: class postgresql.CallableStatement
must be declared abstract. It does not define java.sql.Time getTime(int,
java.util.Calendar) from interface java.sql.CallableStatement.
public class CallableStatement extends PreparedStatement implements
java.sql.CallableStatement
^

Has anyone else been able to get this compiled? If so, can you help me
out (or send me your bytecompiled jdbc drivers)?

Kent
--
work hard, save aggressively, invest well and get the hell out