Getting started with visual query builder in pgaccess

From: Leon Harris <leon(at)quoll(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Getting started with visual query builder in pgaccess
Date: 1999-04-15 22:28:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi to all.
Please forgive my newness to postgres and pgaccess.
I am trying to get started using pgaccess. I can't seem to find much
doccumentation on the visual query builder, as well as other things.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here?

I start with a table called people

people
----------------|----------
fldIdNumber	|
fldFirstName 	|
fldLastName     |

I add this table to the visual designer, and then I drag and drop the
fldIdNumber into the field row. The designer inserts the table name, and
then I change criteria to  > 1 - meaning I want to return all First and
last names whose Idnumber is greater than 1.

All that happens is I get a syntax error. The sql I wanted was something
like
select * from tblpeople where ( fldIdNumber > 1).

Instead, I get
select t0.fldIdNumber from tblpeople where (t0.fldIdNumber > 1)

I have also tried this without uppercase. Is there any sort of decent
tutorial for pgaccess?

what is happenning here?

TIA
Leon Harris

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Nicolas AragonDate: 1999-04-15 22:33:47