Re: Problem with java infinity mapping to postgres real column type

From: "Johan Miller" <johanmiller(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Kris Jurka" <jurka(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with java infinity mapping to postgres real column type
Date: 2008-07-17 11:16:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 08:22, Kris Jurka <jurka(at)ejurka(dot)com> wrote:

> I get the error (or variant) for 7.4 -> 8.2 on Debian Linux. 8.3 and HEAD
> work.
>
> I see this in the 8.3 release notes:
>
> Fix float4/float8 to handle Infinity and NAN (Not A Number) consistently
> (Bruce) The code formerly was not consistent about distinguishing Infinity
> from overflow conditions.

So this is more of a database problem than a jdbc driver problem? We are
using variants of 8.1 and 8.2 in production.
What would be the options to handle this on earlier version where it is not
fixed? Would it be a possibility that this will get changed in the 8.1 and
8.2 versions also?

--
Johan Miller