pg_class catalog question...

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_class catalog question...
Date: 2006-03-30 16:46:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I apologize for the lameness of this question upfront :)

Does anyone know how to add a fixed-length char field to pg_class?  I
need to avoid the cost of variable-length so I tried to add the
fixed-length char[64] right before relacl and updated CLASS_TUPLE_SIZE
to reflect the fixed-size of the struct, but it still dies on me.

I've never tried to do a fixed length char in the catalogs... any
suggestions on the field, datatype, or bootstrapping?  Of course, if
there's another way to avoid the cost of variable length, I'm all

Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation