Re: [INTERFACES] What's that query limit again?

From: markh(at)clockworkweb(dot)com (Mark Himsley)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] What's that query limit again?
Date: 1999-02-25 10:05:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Matthew Hagerty <matthew(at)venux(dot)net> wrote:

> The query limit is 8K right?

This 8K limit is going to kill Postgres, IMHO.

I really like Postgres but I am going to have to move to some other
database platform so that I can populate a web site from a database
without having to jump through hoops to split text into 4K blocks.

> I'm trying to avoid large objects.

I don't see the need for them. My opinion is that the backend should
hide large objects from the user. It's all spherical objects to me!

Mark Himsley.
Technical Director,
Clockwork Web.