Column Names while copying from EditGrid

From: "Robins Tharakan" <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Column Names while copying from EditGrid
Date: 2008-03-13 18:30:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

While copying data from EditGrid, I see that the column names are not
copied. This makes the data extremely ambiguous to use when pasting directly
into excel or a similar spreadsheet application. Attached is a patch which
prepends the column names in select cases of data copy from the EditGrid.

Cases when the column names are prepended to the dataset:
1. Selection of the complete Grid
2. Selection of one (or more) columns
3. Selection of all the columns of one (or more rows)

Case when the column names are not prepended:
1. Selection of columns less than the max number of columns. i.e. any subset
of the data-set when a complete row / column is not selected, would have
only data and not the respective column names.

p.s.: I hope my fixation for EditGrid isn't becoming a problem :)

Regards,
*Robins Tharakan*

Attachment Content-Type Size
column_name_in_copy.patch text/x-patch 3.6 KB