Update Postgresql auto from SQL Server 6.5

From: Chairudin Sentosa <chairudin(at)prima(dot)net(dot)id>
To: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Update Postgresql auto from SQL Server 6.5
Date: 1999-03-29 13:46:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi friends,

I have a Linux + Postgresql machine and an SQL Server 6.5 machine.
There is one table (usage-detail) in SQL Server keeps getting data every seconds.

Now, I want data from table (usage-details) in SQL Server to show up in postgresql in real time (if possible).

What I am doing now is:
1. Spool the table (usage-details) from SQL Server 6.5 every 30 minutes.
2. Ftp the file to Linux machine
3. Use perl to run 'insert' command to insert data to table (usage-details) in Postgresql.

I would like to do it automatically, without doing any spooling or ftping.
How to do it?
I want that one table (usage-details) keeps synchronized between postgresql and SQL Server 6.5

Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Chai