Re: new to postgreSql

From: Basil Bourque <basil(dot)list(at)me(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: new to postgreSql
Date: 2011-01-28 04:06:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

> or for PostGIS.

I know nothing about PostGIS, nor your issue, but just in case, about PostGIS…

http://postgis.refractions.net/

---
PostGIS adds support for geographic objects to the PostgreSQL object-relational database. In effect, PostGIS "spatially enables" the PostgreSQL server, allowing it to be used as a backend spatial database for geographic information systems (GIS), much like ESRI's SDE or Oracle's Spatial extension. PostGIS follows the OpenGIS "Simple Features Specification for SQL" and has been certified as compliant with the "Types and Functions" profile.
---

There were sessions on this at the west coast Postgres conference in San Francisco. I don't know if the sessions tapes are available on the web or not.

--Basil Bourque