Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: psql create/drop table bug

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: James Thompson <jamest(at)math(dot)ksu(dot)edu>, Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Port Bug Report: psql create/drop table bug
Date: 1999-03-26 17:04:16
Lists: pgsql-ports
> System Configuration
> --------------------
>   PostgreSQL version : CVS (few days ago)
> Problem Description:
> --------------------
> Attempting to create the table with the int8 listed in
> the example fails.  psql is left in an odd state until
> exit.  Name of failed create table cannot be used.
> Upon reentry create table (int4 version) works.

Index support for int8 was contributed, but it wasn't quite right and
applied to the source tree without testing. I was planning on fixing
the original patches, but will have to now start again with the
current source tree.

Bruce, can you add this to the list of "must fix" items for the v6.5
release? Put my name on it...

                     - Tom