Re: [DOCS] Re: Interest in translate postgreSQL to portuguese

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Joaquim Quinteiro Uchoa <joukim(at)comp(dot)ufla(dot)br>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Re: Interest in translate postgreSQL to portuguese
Date: 1999-03-05 06:18:55
Lists: pgsql-docs

> > We are a little group of brazilian programmers
> > starting to use postgreSQL (we pretend to
> > develop a library manager system).
> > We are interested in mantain a complete translation
> > of postgreSQL documents. So, we need to know:
> > - who is the mantainer and the manager of the
> > documentation?

Hi.

> > - where we can get the source of the documentation
> > (SGML, I suppose...)

It ships with the Postgres sources, in the doc/src/sgml/ directory.

> > - what documentation are recommended to start?

I would suggest starting with the Tutorial and the Admin Guide. Both of
these are relatively short, and are useful to those getting started with
Postgres. The User's Guide may be the most important if you were
translating *only* one document.

With CVSup or anonymous CVS you can keep a local copy of the most
current documentation source, and with CVSup you can do diffs, etc to
find out what is new or changed to help you keep in sync.

The jade/DocBook toolset we use supposedly provides multi-language
support, including Portuguese.

Let me know what I can help with...

- Tom