Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: Michael Davis <michael(dot)davis(at)prevuenet(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Foreign Keys
Date: 1999-02-25 21:12:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Michael Davis wrote:

> I have created the following trigger on the parent/master table (orders):
>
> CREATE TRIGGER Orderlines_fkey
> BEFORE DELETE OR UPDATE ON Orders FOR EACH ROW
> EXECUTE PROCEDURE check_foreign_key ();
>
> check_foreign_key() actually deletes rows from the orderlines table when
> every a row is deleted from orders. This triggers works great. Access,
> however, is still not recognizing the foreign key relationship between
> orders and orderlines. Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks, Michael

Yeah, there is more we can try. First of all, we need to verify that Access
is actually calling SQLForeignKeys. Can you get a "trace" log of the
session? This would be the "sql.log" file which contains all api calls to
odbc. Make sure the file is clear beforehand. Then run the test. Quit
Access, turn tracing off and there's your logfile. You can send it to me.

It might also be helpful to have the commlog file (produced by the
driver)...usually "psqlodbc.log". It may have a process id number appended
to the filename so make sure you get the right one.

Byron