problems with pgaccess

From: Francisco Alonso <alonsarp(at)fcu(dot)um(dot)es>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: problems with pgaccess
Date: 1999-02-24 10:51:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am absolutely new with postgres. I have installed it (thanks to the
help of the mailing list) and it works properly. But now I want to
install pgaccess and I get an error message:

$ wish -f pgaccess.tcl template1
Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": libpq.so.1:
while executing
"load libpgtcl.so"
(procedure "main" line 6)
invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
(file "pgaccess.tcl" line 5002)

I am using RedHat 5.2 on a Pentium 166.

I have read about problems loading libpgtcl library, but I don't know if
this is one of those problems.

I think this is one of those beginner's stupid problems, and probably it
has been discussed formerly in the mailing list, but I haven't find
anything about it. Could anybody kindly give me some idea?

Francisco Alonso Sarría
Area de Geografía Física
Universidad de Murcia
Campus de La Merced