Newbie interface Q: How to deal with date/time with libpq or ecpg?

From: "Michael Zhang" <mzhang(at)ifscorp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Newbie interface Q: How to deal with date/time with libpq or ecpg?
Date: 1999-02-24 04:29:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi, I am new to the postgreSQL.

I would like to set up my own WWW server using linux/postgreSQL. Some of
my web applications use many date/time manipulations. For example, I
would like to dynamicly display a date of birth column with specified
format. I could do it on Oracle like this:
    SELECT to_date(DateofBirth, 'MM-DD-YYYY') from Employee_tbl where
First_nm = 'Mike';

But how can I receiver this kind of information with specified format in
postgreSQL by using libpq or ecpg?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Michael DavisDate: 1999-02-24 06:22:31