ODBC - MSysConf

From: Karsten Kaus <kk(at)kdschmid(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC - MSysConf
Date: 1999-02-11 20:59:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

ok, in general it seems to be possible to connect Access97 ( not Access
2.0! ?right? ) to postgres.
It works on ONE of my Computers in the office (486). On that computer
I cannot start the 32Bit-ODBC in the systemconfiguration, but I can
create DSNs within Access97, and I get connected to any postgres-
database I wish (tried only 2).
On my Pentium in the office and on ALL machines at home I get the
error 4307, that there is a Table called MSysConf on my server but
it does not have the expected format.
I searched for this table using grep and pg_dumpall as well as psql \dS
and could not find anything. So I created one as described in the
MSAccess-Help, but this didn't help. Still the fomat was invalid.
I do not want to use this table anyway ( do I? ), so what to do?

Thanks for help,
Karsten Kaus