Re: [INTERFACES] facing problem with ecpg

From: hoelc <hoelc(at)pd(dot)jaring(dot)my>
To: Michael Meskes <Michael_Meskes(at)topmail(dot)de>
Cc: James Thompson <jamest(at)math(dot)ksu(dot)edu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] facing problem with ecpg
Date: 1999-02-11 16:42:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,
I've just upgrated my PostgreSQL system to version Postgres-6.4.2
Now it has the *ecpg
But I'm facing problem in using it, when I compile the C program with
cc -o tryecpg tryecpg.c -lecpg -lpq
the compiler can't recognize the " exec sql ", and give error massage
Parse error before 'sql'

What went wrong ? Please advise.
Thanks for giving me the address for the Oracle Pre*C/C++ programmer's guide, it
is a good reference. But, it doesn't exactly reflect the ecpg, right? Is there
any reference and example program for how to use ecpg?
Thank you very much.

Regards,
LCH