Re: [INTERFACES] libpq and multi-threading on Linux?

From: Brendan Rempel <rempelb(at)cybersurf(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] libpq and multi-threading on Linux?
Date: 1999-02-11 08:59:37
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I succeeded in doing exactly that.  I simply took the C source examples on
the Postgres documentation and pasted it into the thread with no problems
at all.  The only changes made to the examples were just simple ones like
return values or fprintf(stderr) stuff, but that's all. Postgres server
and libpq libraries run flawlessly in pthreads.

For me, synchronization was not required since each thread did not share
resources with other threads.  Each thread personally initialized the
libpq connection, did its job and destroyed the connection, just like the
example.

Brendan