Re: [INTERFACES] Rapid web based apps?

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>
To: Matthew Hagerty <matthew(at)venux(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Rapid web based apps?
Date: 1999-02-08 21:19:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Matthew Hagerty wrote:

> Looks like I am just full of questions today ;)
>
> If you have to create a web based app with PostgreSQL as the backend, what
> would you use? Right now I am creating a custom CGI program in C, but I
> think I am just being stubborn and not looking at what new tools are available.
>
> What's everyone else using?

You could check out Zope (http://www.zope.org/)

I'm currently using only parts of it (DocumentTemplates, Bobo (now
ZPublisher))
but I'm moving to it when I have a little more time. It does have a
(little)
learning curve, especially if you need to extend it, but basic things
should
be quite trivial.

PHP (http://www.php.org/) seems also quite popular.

Hannu