JDBC-JServ Servlet problem

From: "Pete (Linux)" <rpclear(at)axionet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC-JServ Servlet problem
Date: 1999-02-06 23:45:23
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi.

I'm a relative newbie at Linux/Apache/Postgresql/JServ so bear with me.
I need to access PostgreSQL via a Servlet. I have managed to get
Apache, postgres, and JServe up and running fine, and have written some
simple java code which accesses the data base OK. When I try to access
the data base through a servlet, I can't get past it throwing a Class
not found Exception when it tries to load the JDBC driver. Works fine
as a standalone java application. My questions are:
How do i set the CLASSPATH variable for the Apache/Jserv processes
(if i need to)?
What is the best user to use as owner of the apache process (I've
tried nobody, me , and postgres)?

Thanks for any assistance you may have.

Pete Clearwater.