Re:[INTERFACES] PostgreSQL, ODBC and Applix Data

From: Rolf Luettecke <rluettecke(at)gcd(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re:[INTERFACES] PostgreSQL, ODBC and Applix Data
Date: 1999-01-20 09:11:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
William D. McCoy wrote:

> > Has anyone managed to access PostgreSQL using Applix Data via ODBC?
> > Can it be done?  If so, please contact me and give me some hints.

I´ve installed Postgres 6.4x and libpsqlodbc 0.25 on HOST1, installed
applix on WORKSTATION2, made an entry in
$HOME/.odbc.ini, for example:

   [ODBC Data Sources]
   psg01=PostgreSQL on HOST1

   [psg01]
   Trace=1
   TraceFile=/var/log/psg01.log
   Driver=/opt/applix/axdata/axshlib/lib/libpsqlodbc.so.0.25
   Description="Data-Warehouse on HOST1"
   Servername=host1.domain.de
   Port=5432
   Database=warehouse
   ReadOnly=0
   TextAsLongVarchar=0

had a quick look at $APPLIX/axdata/axnet.cnf:

   setenvFor elfodbc /ax/axexec/axdata/axshlib
   libFor elfodbc /opt/applix/axdata/axshlib/lib

Then I setup an appropriate entry in the postgres access-control file
$PGDATA/pg_hba.conf.

Restart applix/axdata, select server (the entry from .odbc.ini must appear),
select the new dsn, provide username and password - voila my tables.
Any typo´s, did I forgot something :-))

Yes, I did, happy 1999 to all - especially to Tom, Peter, Byron and trotfhcap.
---------------------------
Rolf Lüttecke
GCD - Systemhaus mbH
49084 Osnabrück
Internet Business Solutions
rluettecke(at)gcd(dot)de

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Herouth MaozDate: 1999-01-20 09:27:04
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] jdbc driver, can it run on a windows machine?
Previous:From: Marcel-Titus MARGINEANDate: 1999-01-20 07:13:18
Subject: About ODBC