Re: [PORTS] Cobalt Qube

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: john adams <john(at)mintra(dot)com>
Cc: ports <ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Cobalt Qube
Date: 1999-01-19 16:00:21
Lists: pgsql-ports
> I have been asked to get a port of the Postgres SQL database onto the
> Cobalt Qube

Tatsuo has been there, done that, with Postgres v6.4. I put an entry
into the supported platforms list last month based on his report. You
are running v6.4, right?

> These use Mips CPU but have a fairly generic Linux on them. We had no
> trouble with Squid and fetchmail but when the source has been copied
> onto the system we get the following message from the configure
> utility
> Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have talked myself into a
> corner here telling everyone how good the postgres is and I can get it
> on our main server product.

Not certain if Tatsuo needed apply any patches. He is a very familiar
with the Postgres system so I'm sure can get you going very quickly.

Tatsuo?

                     - Tom