Re: [INTERFACES] interface to MSsql server

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>
To: Antonio Mendez <antonio(at)unbol(dot)bo>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] interface to MSsql server
Date: 1999-01-14 11:05:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Antonio Mendez wrote:

> I know it, but I'm searching a client which will must to connect with
> Microsoft SQL server 6.5, the client is linux box. The interface to use
> is OBDC.
> Is unavoidable the use of the data base MS-SQL server :(
> There is a application for to do it??????

You may have some luck using SyBase client libraries, AFAIK the
early MSSQL used the same protocols (was probably a port of SyBase)

Search for sometihing called cbt (I think there is/was even a project
to develop free sybase client libs for linux)

Your other alternative is to try running DOS clients (if there are
such) inside DOSEMU on linux and create an interface for them.
Probably not very effective nor easy.

Or just write to Microsoft and demand client libraries for Linux ;)

Or perhaps they have client libs or command line client for SCO or
Unixware or Solaris that would run with IBCS.

Hannu Krosing