Re: [HACKERS] 6.4.1 release

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)trust(dot)ee>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 6.4.1 release
Date: 1998-12-11 16:02:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:

> > >       Works for me...let's say next Friday?
>
> Bruce, would you be willing to maintain a Status list for this minor
> release? There are two or three patches floating around which would seem
> to be candidates, and I suspect that there may be one or two things
> someone (Tom Lane?) thinks I am looking at, but I'm not clear on what is
> resolved and what is not.
>
> So, a starting list:
>
> Terry M.'s contrib addition
> Tatsuo's Multi-Byte patches
> Hiroshi's ParseComplexProject() patches
>  (should include regression example?)
> Constantin's PgAccess patches
> Possible portability problems with PgAccess and Tcl-8.1
> Size int4 -> size_t in c.h (put off 'til v6.5?)
>
> Anything else?

I'd like to see Jans 2 patches, the LIMIT one and the one that
makes ORDER BY ose index if one is available (actually it omits the
unnecessary sort node if possible).

If you are unable to include them without regression tests, I can
try to think out some;

I guess the OR index patch is in CVS already.

Hannu