JOIN syntax. Examples?

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JOIN syntax. Examples?
Date: 1998-12-11 06:35:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Well, I've started looking through my books for info on joins. The cross
join was pretty easy:

postgres=> select * from (a cross join b);
i|   j|i| k
-+----+-+--
1|10.1|1|-1
2|20.2|1|-1
4|    |1|-1
<snip>

which I've put into my copy of the parser.

Does anyone have a commercial installation which has good support for
SQL92 joins? I'd like to send some small test cases to verify that I
understand what the behavior should be.

Also, if anyone has worked with join syntax, outer joins especially, it
would be great to get some test case contributions...

                      - Tom