Pgaccess database connection fails

From: Venkatesh Raghavan <raghavan(at)media(dot)osaka-cu(dot)ac(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pgaccess database connection fails
Date: 1998-12-10 08:09:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi all,
I am new to this list and postgresql and pgaccess as well.

I have installed postgres6.4 and pgaccess on my Linux (Slackware 3.4)
machine.
postgresql is running okay and the regression test were all OK.

I am trying to use your very convenient TCL/TK interface but am ending
up with a
"Connection to database failed" message.

I tested if there was something wrong with the postmaster deamon my
running the
following command on the terminal

>psql -u -h localhost template1
  (Psql with authencate and  hostname options)

and could connect to the template1 database without any problems.

My .pgaccessrc file is shown below;

----------------------
username

lastport 5432
autoload 1
tvfont
lasthost localhost
lastdb template1
password
rows 200
-----------------------

Can you please advice me about how to get the pgaccess to connect to ny
database.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Venkatesh Raghavan
Osaka City University
japan

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Constantin TeodorescuDate: 1998-12-10 08:11:54
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Pgaccess database connection fails
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Min and Max aggregates.