Re: [HACKERS] Re: bug on aggregate function AVG()

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Sferacarta Software <sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: bug on aggregate function AVG()
Date: 1998-12-08 06:40:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> MIN() and MAX() doesn't accept a string as parameter.

I've added capabilities to do min() and max() on strings. To help with
this I've put the new implicit type coersion techniques into the
aggregate function handling. So, for example, the same routine which
handles min(text) will also handle min(char()) and min(varchar()).

These changes are already in the main cvs tree, but are not in the
v6.4.x branch since they require a small number of catalog changes to
implement.

Will post the patches on the patches list in case anyone needs them
before v6.5 comes out...

- Tom