Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.

From: "Hartman, Matthew" <Matthew(dot)Hartman(at)krcc(dot)on(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Utilizing multiple cores in a function call.
Date: 2009-06-29 14:26:40
Lists: pgsql-performance
Good morning.

I have developed a function call that schedules patient appointments
within a day based on several resource constraints. The algorithm has
been mentioned on here before and I have managed to tweak it down to 6-9
seconds from the original 27 seconds.

Of course, I want it to be faster still. The function throttles one of
my CPUs to 100% (shown as 50% in Task Manager) and leaves the other one
sitting pretty. Is there any way to use both CPUs?

Thanks,

Matthew Hartman
Programmer/Analyst
Information Management, ICP
Kingston General Hospital
(613) 549-6666 x4294

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Jean-David BeyerDate: 2009-06-29 14:52:58