Using Postgres's NOTIFY/LISTEN

From: John Bosch <jbosch(at)john(dot)cdscc(dot)nasa(dot)gov>
To: pgsql-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Using Postgres's NOTIFY/LISTEN
Date: 1998-12-02 05:11:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,

I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could answer the following
questions.

I'm using Postgresql as the database for a Java application I am writing

and would like to use the NOTIFY/LISTEN feature of Postgres. Can anyone
tell if and how I can use these functions through the Postgres JDBC
driver.

Otherwise I'll have to think of another way of doing what I want to do
:(

--
regards,

John Bosch
Systems Engineer
Canberra Deep Space Communications Complex
jbosch(at)john(dot)cdscc(dot)nasa(dot)gov

I doubt, therefore I might be.