How to see created users ?

From: "M(dot)-A(dot) DARCHE" <darche(at)esiea(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to see created users ?
Date: 1998-11-24 22:20:28
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

	I run PostgreSQL v 6.3 on a Debian 2.0 GNU/Linux.
	As the databases administrator (also root) is there a way
	to see all the users that have been created with the
	"createuser" command ? Is it also possible to know what
	king of privileges those users have (such as database
	creation/deletion) ?

	In /var/postgres/data I have the following files :
	 - pg_shadow
	 - pg_pwd
	 - pg_group
	and others

	I guess the information lies there, but those files
	are encrypted like shadow password encryption it seems.
	What tool should I use to access information ?
	If such a tool doesn't exist (I don't know) will it
	soon be available ?

Regards,

 Marc-Aurèle DARCHE -- darche(at)esiea(dot)fr, membre fondateur de l'AFUL
  AFUL : Association Francophone des Utilisateurs de LINUX

 *** http://www.aful.org ***

 Marc-Aurèle DARCHE -- darche(at)esiea(dot)fr, founder member of the AFUL
  AFUL : French-speaking LINUX Users' Association

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Herouth MaozDate: 1998-11-25 09:08:55