Re: [HACKERS] Bug in 6.4 release

From: Vadim Mikheev <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Bug in 6.4 release
Date: 1998-11-22 10:31:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> This new patch uses scankeys instead of throwing the indexqual to the
> executor.  This is probably more efficient, but I am not sure about the
> other ramifications.  It still fails.

This wouldn't handle functional indices in OR...

So, I added indexqualorig list to the IndexScan node:

indexqual = fix_indxqual_references (indexqualorig)

- indxqualorig' Var-s references heap tuple...

Regression tests are ok.
Patch made for CURRENT tree - let me know if there will
be problems with 6.4...

It's better to gmake clean in backend dir...

Patch also fixes EXPLAIN for indices in OR: all indices
used are explained now.

Vadim