Re: [INTERFACES] What is the right interface???

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: Samuel Kobelkowsky <kobel(at)u(dot)washington(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] What is the right interface???
Date: 1998-11-19 07:07:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Samuel Kobelkowsky wrote:

> I'm new in Postgresql and I need to make a simple user interface
> (input/query form).  I don't know python, java, tk/tcl, OpenGL or perl,
> altough I'm a fairly good C/C++/shell programmer.

>From my point of view Tcl/Tk would be the fastest (for development)
thought powerfull interface to PostgreSQL because it offers also a nice
and easy to handle GUI interface. Source is "open", can be easility
viewed by others, if not compiled with tcl/tk compilers. PgAccess (
http://www.flex.ro/pgaccess ) proves it !

For cgi programs I'll vote for perl for it's power and versatility when
GUI isn't needed. Also python could be a strong alternative.

Java would be of course the "master" of interfaces, when portability
would be your first goal.

You have the choice !

--
Constantin Teodorescu