Re: [HACKERS] make install fails in perl5 ...

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] make install fails in perl5 ...
Date: 1998-10-27 17:07:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Maybe we could modify src/interfaces/Makefile along this line:
<snip>
> We'll also need to discuss this whole business in the INSTALL
> directions.

This would be OK, but imho it would be acceptable to omit the perl
installation stuff from "make install" altogether. Then do the su to
root and install explicitly.

Or, have an "install-root" or somesuch in top level makefile to have a
catchall place for it.

So,

make install
su
make install-root

or something like that.

Per my recent e-mail, we've also got tcl troubles in the installation...

- Tom