Postgres SQL 6.3.2

From: Gavin <gavin(at)space4u(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, axp-list(at)redhat(dot)com
Subject: Postgres SQL 6.3.2
Date: 1998-10-21 07:04:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi

Please reply to gavin(at)space4u(dot)com as i am not on the postgresql mailing
list (yet)

I compiled PostgreSQL 6.3.2 on my Alpha running linux.
with egcs-2.91.57 (thats 1.1b)
I got a few warnings but nothing that looked to bad ..

when running initdb as user postgres i get the following :

[postgres(at)sigi pgsql]$ initdb
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input
to crea.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/global1.bki.source as input to create
the gl.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based
authent.

We are initializing the database system with username postgres
(uid=669).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

initdb: creating template database in /var/pgsql/data/base/template1
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/var/pgsql/data -Q template1
ERROR: BuildFuncTupleDesc: function mkoidname(opaque, opaque) does not
exist
ERROR: BuildFuncTupleDesc: function mkoidname(opaque, opaque) does not
exist
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /var/pgsql/data/base/template1

Any Ideas what that could be ?

Regards

Gavin Woodhatch
Space4u.com