New docs and ODBC for Unix

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Subject: New docs and ODBC for Unix
Date: 1998-10-21 06:07:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

I've posted a tarball of the new standalone psqlODBC code at

ftp://postgresql.org/pub/patches/psqlodbc-025-6.4beta.tar.gz

along with a tarball of the html Programmer's Guide which contains a
chapter on installation and usage instructions for psqlODBC. The docs
include updates from Gerald, Robert, and Cary. btw, the code tarball is
identical to that currently in the main Postgres cvs tree afaik.

I've also put new tarballs of beta versions of html docs for the Admin
Guide, the User's Guide, and the "integrated docs" in the same area.

Oh, for background: this tarball will allow one to use Applix Data
(4.4.1) with the Postgres RDBMS. It is based on the current psqlODBC
distribution at www.insightdist.com and at postgresql.org, but has minor
code and major configure changes to allow building on Unix systems.

Let me know how it goes! I'm out of town tomorrow, but will be back
Thursday. Cary O'Brien has been providing info and user-support for the
Applix Data ODBC interface for PostgreSQL, and will likely be posting
more info to help get folks started.

- Tom