pgtclCmds.c has bugs that have been removed once !!!!!!!

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgtclCmds.c has bugs that have been removed once !!!!!!!
Date: 1998-10-13 14:25:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello all,

one of these days I discovered that my Tcl/Tk application has memory
leaks.
Tracing them I discovered that the Tcl interface, libpgtcl , especially
pgtclCmds.c has bugs in pg_select function.

Strange thing, I removed once that bugs and send a diff to developers,
and I'm positively sure that 6.2.1 version came out with the bug free
version.

It seems that someone has done some changes in pgtclCmds.c but never
took the good version from PostgreSQL.org !!!

I cannot find now the changes that I have made then but I can remember
that :

1. in pg_select function, there is no PQclear(result) at the end of the
loop causing memory leaks with every pg_select command that is executed
2. in pg_select function, looping through the result, in case of
TCL_BREAK or TCL_ERROR , there is a straight return without releasing
info structure, nor PQClear-ing the result.

PLEASE, who is maintaining libpgtcl, could you contact me directly (
teo(at)flex(dot)ro ) in order to check that errors and to modify them in order
to deliver a proper tcl library with 6.4 version ?

The RedHat 5.0 and 5.1 distribution , including PgAccess is suffering
from the same bug.

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA