Re: [HACKERS] man page installation patch

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Brook Milligan <brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, patches(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] man page installation patch
Date: 1998-10-09 05:00:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> It seems that moving the installation of man pages from
> src/GNUmakefile to docs/Makefile did not leave an appropriate target
> in the original Makefile to refer to. That is, docs/Makefile refers
> to a nonexistent install-man target in the src/GNUmakefile. The
> following patch adds that needed target.

Thanks for the patch. I'll apply it as I clean up other loose ends.

> NOTE: there are still man pages installed by the install target in
> src/GNUmakefile. See the install and doc targets in
> interfaces/libpq++/Makefile. Should this be removed? Should a
> (mostly do nothing) install-man target be added to all the makefiles
> so that everything could be traversed from the top as for other
> targets?

Yeah, I noticed that hiding man page source the other day. I'm planning
on converting it to sgml and yanking the nroff version. Should be gone
by release day.

I'll look at the makefiles again and try to get them self-consistant.

- Tom