Re: Any big slony and WAL shipping users?

From: Glyn Astill <glynastill(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Any big slony and WAL shipping users?
Date: 2007-12-28 14:29:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Josh,

This is exactly the same setup I'm currently testing. For those
asking why use both WAL shipping and slony, it's simple; this means
we have no single point of failure. If slony stops replicating
because we mess up a replication set or our shipping method (NFS)
falls on its ass, at least we still have some replication going.

We have to use slony, like you we need a replica to take the load off
of our main system, this is mainly for our reporting processes.

Glyn

--- Josh Harrison <joshques(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We are trying to use slony and WAL shipping for warm standby for
> replication
> with postgresql. Currently our systems are in oracle and we r
> checking the
> feasibility to migrate to postgres. Replication is one major issue
> here.
> Though everything seems to be working fine in our test environment,
> we just
> want the assurance that Slony and WAL shipping is used by other
> large
> production systems and running successfully.
> What are the other large 24x7 productions systems that use slony
> and the
> other WAL archiving of postgresql successfully?
>
> Thanks
> josh

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/