Re: [HACKERS] PL/pgSQL in template1?

From: David Hartwig <daveh(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: Jan Wieck <jwieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, Andreas Zeugswetter <andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PL/pgSQL in template1?
Date: 1998-09-29 16:27:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jan,

I have been hacking around trying to get a clean build without much luck. I
have adjusted the compile options and fixed one casting problem to get all C
code compiled. I also extracted all the external symbols successfully.
(AIX requirement) However, I get the following message at link time:

ld: 0711-362 ERROR: Glink code cannot be added for function: _ptrgl
This function is used by compilers and must be called directly.

Shared libraries are a bit more tricky on AIX, but I thought I had the
routine pretty well figured out. I am at a complete loss here.

Andreas, could you give it a try?