PostgreSQL on Embeded Systems

From: Adem HUR <ademhur(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL on Embeded Systems
Date: 2006-07-18 09:50:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am sory for my bad English :)

We try to use PostgreSQL on an Embeded System.

Plan to use this PC/104 Module
http://www.icop.com.tw/products_detail.asp?ProductID=106

and this EmbedDisk
http://www.icop.com.tw/products_detail.asp?ProductID=185

There is a Linux version (X-Linux) for the PC/104 Module.
http://www.dmp.com.tw/tech/os-xlinux/

This Linux looks enough for our project.

We instal X-Linux on PC/104 Module.

Now, We want to install PostgreSQL

but there are some problems

1 - Firstly, Can we install PostgreSQL on this X-Linux?

2 - Our EmbedDisk capacity is 128 Mb.
X-Linux size approximately 32Mb.

Our expectation, PostgreSQL operate standart query on basic tables
and listen 5432 port.

A program collect data from peripheral devices, insert this data
into PostgreSQL database. Another program access this database by use 5432
port, read and delete data.

We want to use PostgreSQL on PC/104 Module because we already use
PostgreSQL for other part of the project.

We have a capacity problem, so PostgreSQL installation and
database tables must be configure to smaller size.

How can we do this? suggestion,information, document...

How much the PostgreSQL installation size?

Thanks,