Problem running script

From: "Sushma Sagaram" <sushma(dot)2276(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem running script
Date: 2008-07-23 23:32:19
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-general

My requirement is to write a query in a file read the input from that file
run in postgresql and write the output(query results) into a file. I'm not
able to sue combination of \i and \o
Let' say I have file test.sql and in test.sql I write
select * from abc;

Now I need to read the query from the file and write the output to a file. I
tried
=>\i test.sql \o test

but this is not working. can any one tell me how to do this. I also need to
put my file in a place which can run the file at particualr time of the
day(like cron tab). Where do I put my file?

Regards,
sushma