Re: pgsql: Fix breakage from earlier plperl fix.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Fix breakage from earlier plperl fix.
Date: 2012-01-06 07:26:07
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> PFA that copies if its readonly and its not a scalar. Also I fixed up
> Tom's complaint about having sv2cstr() inside do_util_elog's PG_TRY
> block.

On reflection I don't believe that just moving that call will improve
matters. sv2cstr also contains a palloc, and if that throws an error,
it had better do so within a PG error context not the Perl one.

Making things safer will most likely require refactoring sv2cstr to
keep the Perl and PG operations entirely separate.