postgres process grows.

From: Matthew Liste <matthew(at)BayNetworks(dot)COM>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres process grows.
Date: 1998-09-19 01:55:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm accessing a database using JDBC, I keep a socket open for a long
time and for multiple queries. My Java code for a query typically
looks like:

Statement sta = con.createStatement();
sta.executeQuery( "DELETE FROM TABLE" );

For some reason, the postgres daemon that gets forked on the DB
server (Solaris 2.6, postgresql 6.3.2) keeps growing for each query
that I execute, until it eats up all memory. Is there something I'm
doing wrong in my queries, or is there a patch for this?

Thanks for any help,
-Matthew (matthew(at)baynetworks(dot)com)