Foreign Key

From: Anand Surelia <anand(at)bytekinc(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Foreign Key
Date: 1998-09-18 15:32:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I am using the triggers provided under contrib/spi/refint.* to implement
referential integrity in my database.
The check_primary_key function doesn't allow me to enter in a child
table if a corresponding primary key doesn't exists in the parent table
( implements 'dependency'). However I also want to 'automatically' add a
corresponding entry in the parent table in some of the relationships.
There is no option in the check_primary _key function for that.
Is there a newer version of the function available which will allow me
to specify what 'insert key rule' I want to implement?
If there is none then I may have to hack the code of check_primary_key
to do it. Is there someone who can help me do it faster?

Thanks,

Anand