Re: Integrated Source

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Integrated Source
Date: 1998-09-16 16:05:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> Here's the integrated source for a version 6.30.0250 release. Could
> you please try it out and let me know of any problems (compile or
> runtime).

Looks good. I have several minor code fixes, mostly to remove unused
variables.

> As I said in my last mail, every parameter from odbcinst.ini can be
> overriden from odbc.ini.

Haven't had a chance to test this yet, but you and Gerald have more
experience in how it should behave so I'll just test to see if the
overriding works and will rely on you to decide which ones are
appropriate.

> BTW, Tom did you mention something in a prior mail about doing
> something with the mylog stuff?

Yes, I think I have the solution for disabling mylog() with gcc/unix:

#define mylog(args...)

seems to be what I want. I had stumbled across something like this in
the gcc/cpp info docs, but of course now can't find it again :(

Tried a couple things close to what I remembered and this seems to work.

I'm leaving town tomorrow through Sunday. Do you want the changes before
then, or would you prefer I do a bit more testing first? I also need to
clean up the Postgres-specific Makefile, and perhaps integrate it in to
the configure stuff with a Makefile.in to get the PORTNAME set
correctly. I have assumed that you _wouldn't_ put this Makefile in your
generic distribution since it is so Postgres-tree-specific, but let me
know what you think.

- Tom