Re: [INTERFACES] getting "fe_setauthsvc: invalid name" error

From: Midwest Online <mo(at)midwestonline(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] getting "fe_setauthsvc: invalid name" error
Date: 1998-09-15 22:42:19
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Tom Lane wrote:

> My guess is that the execution environment is different for your CGI
> program, with respect to either username or lack of one of the
> environment variables that libpq pays attention to (PGPORT, etc).

I think you're right, Tom. If I run the program on my Linux box as a
different user, I get the same error. Now, how do I set the username
from C/C++?? I can't figure it out from the docs ...

> BTW, hackers: when I looked into pgconnection.cc, I was astonished
> and dismayed by the number of instantly visible bugs. This code is in
> *horrible* shape --- it's amazing it works at all. Someone is going to
> have to adopt libpq++ and give it a close going-over.

I wish I knew enough about C++. :)

Thanks for your help, Tom!

Clint
Belinda & Clint Forgy
Midwest Online PeculiarWeb Internet Designs
http://www.midwestonline.com http://www.peculiarweb.com