Re: [INTERFACES] odbc failed authentication message

From: David Hartwig <daybee(at)bellatlantic(dot)net>
To: Dave Thorson <dthorson(at)grwolf(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] odbc failed authentication message
Date: 1998-09-08 22:18:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Please refer to the check list cantained in the FAQ at the psqlodbc web site.

I see two issues.

Postmaster must start withe -i option.
man postmaster

It looks as though you only allow localhost access in pg_hba.conf. You
will need to open up to some remote host(s)
man pg_hba.conf

example of wide open with password required:

host all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 password

example of class C wide open

host all 200.100.5.0 255.255.255.0 trust