Re: [INTERFACES] postodbc on sparc2.5.1

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Gerald Gryschuk <ggryschuk(at)scf(dot)sk(dot)ca>, Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] postodbc on sparc2.5.1
Date: 1998-09-03 15:22:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> ... maybe you should include your .odbc.ini
> file with the distribution as an example. Obviously it wouldn't work
> for other people but at least they
> might have a better idea of what to put in it.

I've written some sgml docs which include these files as examples. The
examples are necessary. The combination of section labels required by
iodbc and psqlodbc for the odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini files is not
particularly obvious or consistant. In particular, psqlodbc requires a
section label 'PostgreSQL' in the odbcinst.ini file while iodbc requires
a label of 'Default' for driver info in .odbc.ini afaik.

Unix-specific examples will be in the v6.4 documentation set. Byron and
InsightDist are doing such a good job of supporting the Windows clients
with code and docs that I'm not sure how or if those docs should be
merged with the Postgres doc set. Byron?

> Are you going to release your changes soon?

I'm waiting to hear back from Byron on how he want to re-merge. If he
isn't available soon I'll probably just check things in to the
postgresql.org cvs repository, which is what he might have wanted me to
do anyway.

- Tom